Avondale Veterinary Healthcare Complex in Des Moines, IA is a full-service hospital that is open seven days a week. We offer a variety of services to meet your pets needs inlcuding our Pet Resort, Cat Hospital & Rehabilitation Center. Our advanced hospital includes an on-site Diagnostic Laboratory, Pet Dentistry, Vaccinations, Advanced Canine Orthopedics, DNA Breed Testing, Stem Cell Treatment, Feline Hyperthroid Treatment, Heartworm Prevention, Animal Chiropractic & Acupuncture, Class 4 Laser Therapy, Complete Pet Rehabilitation Facility, Senior Pet Care adn Pet Pharmacy.
We are seeking a highly experienced Veterinary Client Service professional to join our leadership team as Hospital Manager.
The role demands a leader with the interpersonal and organizational skills to continue achieving our goals of delivering excellent patient care and customer service to both our clients and referring veterinarians.
The successful candidate will have experience in Human Resource and personnel management, Marketing, and Business development. Your strong financial and operational acumen will be put to good use!
The Hospital Manager—under the guidance of the Regional Management team and in partnership with the Medical Director—performs a wide range of administrative activities related to the practice. This includes: mentoring the staff and overseeing the business operations and maintenance of the facility; ensuring the business growth and profitability of the practice; and supporting the hospital’s mission of delivering high quality patient care and exceptional client service.
Skills and Qualifications
• 2 to 3 years of customer service and financial budget management experience.
• Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
• The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
• Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and administrative staff towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service; assist in the formulation of objectives and policies to ensure efficient and profitable hospital operations.
• Oversee the hiring, reviewing, disciplining and terminating of professional staff, in accordance with and with the approval of the Regional Management team.
• Review the P&L Report monthly and partner with the Hospital Medical Director to increase revenue and limit expenses; work with home office to prepare and submit the yearly budget (budget forecast, operating plan, cap-ex expenditures) and participate in the evaluation process with Regional Management team.
• Model an “owner” mentality in hospital by demonstrating a willingness to assist all employees in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
• Minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Supervise the administration and case review of client medical complaints.
• Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
Please submit your CV/resume to our Recruiting Manager Ryan Miller at email@example.com if you have an interest. We look forward to hearing from you!